Following these best practices will ensure a smooth testing experience for your students.
- Do not enable the Force Completion option on a test unless you know students will be in a room with you on campus taking the exam. You may need to reset their attempt or add an exception allowing them extra time if they encounter computer, browser, network, or other problems over the course of the attempt.
- Set the test options to display one question at a time, instead of all at once. This is especially important in longer tests, but it is also likely to improve the student experience in shorter exams as well.
- If a student reports their connection is dropped during an exam attempt, you can review the test access log for that attempt. You can provide additional attempts to a student by adding an availability exception in the test options.
- Be ready to allow more time or attempts on the test if students are allowed to take it on their own time and on their own computer. See the test availability exceptions section in the test options.
- To make the experience go smoothly: Ask your students to read these tips: