You can connect your course to content and tools provided by textbook publishers and other educational tool providers. Vendors for products that can be integrated with your course include Cengage, Pearson, McGraw-Hill, Wiley, Acrobatiq, Macmillan, Elsevier, Perusall, GoReact, and Norton.
These tools let students access readings and exercises outside of your course without having to create accounts on non-UVM managed sites. In some cases, results from activities and assessments can be synced with your course’s grade center.
Adding publisher content to your course
Some of these tools are not turned on by default at the course level. This means that you may need to take the following steps before adding one of these tools to your course:
- In your course, go to Control Panel > Customization > Tool Availability
- Check the boxes corresponding to Content Market and Content Market Tools.
- Click Submit.
- Follow the instructions provided by the publisher or vendor to complete the setup process.
Adding an LTI link to your course
Some publishers will provide you with a special URL that you will use to add to your course. These often need to be added within a content area, such as Course Materials. Once there, the steps are typically to:
- Click Build Content > Web Link.
- Enter a name for the link you are creating (i.e. Textbook Exercises).
- Paste the URL provided to you by the vendor or publisher.
- Check the box next to “This is a link to a tool provider.”
- Click submit.