You can make your course available to the world by turning on guest access and setting which menu items can be accessed by users who are not logged in to Blackboard.
Setting Up Guest Access
- In your course, go to Control Panel > Customization > Guest and Observer Access.
- Under the first section, set Allow Guest Access to Yes.
- Click Submit.
- On the course menu, click the small grey button to the right of the link that you want guests to be able to view.
- Select Permit Guests.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for every course area that should be open to guest access.
Sending Guests to Your Course
Now that your course and selected areas are open to guests, they can follow these steps to access the course.
- Open a browser window in incognito/private mode, or use a browser that is not logged into Bb.
- Click on this link to get to the course search area in Bb.
- Enter the name of the course (or part of the name) in the search box, then click Go.
- Click on the linked course ID for the course.