- Upload single or multiple files at once with an easy drag and drop interface.
- Create organizational folders for files.
- Provide students with links to a single file from one or more content pages in your course.
- Overwrite, move or modify files without breaking links from content pages.
- Easily create and download a backup of the files.
Locating the Files Area
To get to the Files area,
- In the Control Panel, click on “Content Collection”.
- Click on the course ID for the course.
Audio/Video and Other Large Files
Large files, such as audio or video (and sometimes Powerpoint) can cause problems when you archive your course. We recommend using UVM’s Streaming Media site to post audio or video material. Other file types can be added to to your personal zoo space and linking to them, using the WebFiles manager.
How to Update Files (Without Breaking Links)
If you have uploaded a file to the files area, and created a link to it from one or more content pages, you can update without having to reattach it to each content page. Download the file, open it, make the desired changes, and save the file with the same name. In your course’s files area, select “Overwrite File” from the drop down menu and follow the steps. You may need to clear your browser’s cache to see changes.
For More Information
This Instructional Video created by Blackboard goes into more detail about how to use the course files area.