Course banners must be web-friendly image files, i.e, files ending in .jpg, .gif, or .png. The optimal size for a banner image is roughly 800-1200 pixels wide and 100-300 pixels in height. We give instructions for how to edit a larger image in the video, below.
1. How to download a banner image
Feel free to download a banner from this page and upload it to your Blackboard course. To download it, RIGHT CLICK on the image and choose “save image.”
Note: this video has no sound.
2. Add text or create banner with your own photograph
The (soundless) video on the right guides you through the steps to making a banner by uploading your own photo to the free website befunky.com and then uploading the banner to your Blackboard course.
3. UPLOAD to Blackboard
- In the Control Panel, click on “Customization,” then click “Teaching Style”
- Scroll to “Select Banner”
- Click “Browse My Computer,” choose the banner image, and then click “Submit”