Archiving backs up everything in your course and will produce a zip file that must be downloaded to complete the backup process. The zip file can then be imported into another Blackboard course space. Archiving your course is part of the end-of-semester checklist.
Backing Up a Course
- Go to Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Export/Archive Course.
- Click Archive.
- Check the box next to Include Grade Center History.
- Click Submit.
- Wait for the archiving process to complete. You will be sent an automated email when it is done. This usually only takes a few minutes, depending on the size of the course.
- After the confirmation email appears in your inbox, refresh and/or revisit the Export/Archive Course page to see the newly generated archive file.
- Download the archive file by clicking on the link to it.
Accessing Downloaded Material
Archive data can’t be accessed offline. Thus it is recommended that the following additional steps be taken so that course information can be readily referred to at a later date:
- Back up the Grade Center.
- Download all of the individual course files and folders from the course files (content collection) area.
To import the materials and tests from an old course into a new course, visit the Importing Course Content page.