Adaptive release allows you to restrict course content such as tests and readings from students until after they have met certain criteria. Examples might include:
- Make a test available only after a high enough grade is achieved on a pre-test.
- Release content to specific students or groups.
- Only provide access to an assignment after students mark a reading as reviewed.
Setting up adaptive release
Release rules and criteria can be configured in a wide variety of ways. Blackboard’s help documentation is a good place to start when familiarizing yourself with this process:
- Find out how to create rules for releasing course materials.
- Read about setting criteria to define adaptive release rules.
For one-on-one help setting up adaptive release, consider visiting the CTL’s Open Hours.