If a student needs extra time or other exception for a test, follow these instructions:
- Go to where the test is deployed in your course space. Hover your cursor over the test title, click on the drop-down menu button, and choose Edit the Test Options.
- Scroll down to Test Availability Exceptions and choose Add User or Group. See image.
- Check the name of each student who needs the exception and click Submit. See image.
- You will now see the student’s name listed under Test Availability Exceptions and you can set the exception details there. See image.
- The available choices depend on what other options you have set. Examples:
- To Grant extra time: if you have set the test to be timed at 1 hour, you could change the timer to be 2 hours for this student. (If you did not set a timer for this class, the option for extending timing will simply not appear.)
- To allow a student another attempt, if a student was dropped from a test before finishing it, give them an additional attempt.
- To open the test at a different date and time, you will see an icon to add an exception where you can select a different date/time for this student or for a student Group. For instance, if you have two sections merged into one course but would like the exam to be given to each group of students at different times.