The purpose of this fellowship is two-fold: 1) to advance faculty research in the humanities, and 2) to cultivate and strengthen the interdisciplinary humanities community at UVM. During the period of the fellowship, faculty selected as Fellows will:
- Have time to advance or complete a substantial research project on which they are working.
- Help co-organize and participate in community-building activities and programming at the Humanities Center’s new campus space in the Billings Library, which may include workshops, roundtables, lectures, and conversations with campus and/or community participants.
- Present a work-in-progress talk.
- Give consideration to how this research fellowship will impact their undergraduate teaching.
The duration of the Fellowship is the 2020-21 academic year. The allocation of the course releases—either one release per semester, or two releases in one semester—is at the discretion of the Fellow and in consultation with their department chair, and will depend on the nature of the research and any relevant considerations around course staffing in the home department. Fellows are required to participate in collaborative activities during the whole academic year.
Requirements for Selected Recipients
- Attendance at an organizing meeting during the Spring 2020 semester, prior to the fellowship period.
- Attendance at Fellows meetings and professional development opportunities during the time period of the Fellowship (approximately three per semester)
- Submit a report summarizing completed activities (3-5 pages) by October 1 of the academic year following the fellowship period.
- Acknowledge the Humanities Center in related publications or activities.
- Agree to serve on selection committee for future Fellows.