This program has been developed by our Employee Wellness team! View the resources available to you on the main UVM Campus, as well as resources that can be utilized within your own individual offices!
Free Employee Wellness Fitness Classes
Check out our FREE Employee Wellness classes! Classes are provided in partnership with Campus Recreation and follow the UVM Holiday Schedule. Please take note of any additional cancellations or location changes below.
Join us for our lunch-hour employee yoga! Please note that the class location may be subject to change. To be added to the email list, please ask the instructor or email Employee Wellness. Please note the following locations:
- Wednesday, February 26th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Monday, March 2nd: Ira Allen Chapel
- Wednesday, March 4th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Monday, March 9th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Wednesday, March 11th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Monday, March 16th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Wednesday, March 18th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Monday, March 23rd: Ira Allen Chapel
- Wednesday, March 25th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Monday, March 30th: NO CLASS
When: Monday & Wednesday 12-1pm.
Where: Ira Allen Chapel (Use back entrance) or Dewey Lounge (see above for location by date)
What: Take a break from your daily routine and get a new perspective. Brighten up your afternoon with delightful stretching and relaxation of yoga. Come join an eclectic group of like minded folks of all ages and abilities from around campus. The class is taught by UVM Campus Recreation Fitness Coordinator Shayna Stratton. These 'all levels' yoga classes ideal for beginners and others.
Equipment: Please bring a yoga mat.
Group Training offers the best of two worlds - the social dimensions of a team with the accountability and attention of personal training. Sessions meet weekly for a month. Registration requires the purchase of a Myzone heart rate monitor. This class includes:
- A cycling and strength workout
- One to three group training sessions per week for a month
- A workout plan for training an additional day on your own in our fitness center
- Complimentary body metrics assessment during Personal Training office hours
Epic Wellness: On-Site Chiropractic Care
Employees covered on the UVM healthcare plan with BCBSVT have up to 12 covered visits with a $20 specialty copay. UVM Employee Wellness collaborates with one of our wellness partners, Epic Wellness, to bring you the convenience of this on-site care!
- Waterman Building - Tuesdays 7am - 10am; Waterman 305
- Given Building - Tuesdays 10:30am -12:30pm; Given B307 Conference Room
- Schedule an appointment
Other On-Campus Opportunities
Employee Assistance Programs (Invest EAP)
Invest EAP is a Vermont-based public and private non-profit collaborative. Invest EAP provides short-term counseling and referral, management consultation, training and resource information. Visit Invest EAP to view all resources. A login may be created using the organizational password: UVM. UVM Employees can also sign up for onsite counseling appointments.
Campus Walking Map
Grab your colleagues and head out for a walk on your next break! Whatever your reason to beginning a walking routine, walking has a great reputation as an ideal way to incorporate regular activity into your daily routine without a lot of added cost. This makes walking fun and easy. The whole body effects of walking include:
- increased energy
- improved ability to manage stress
- lowers blood pressure
- promotes better sleep
- burns calories and raises metabolism
- promotes cardiovascular health
- helps you to keep your chronic illness in check.
- increased bone health
View the Campus Walking Map (pdf)
View this stretching tutorial or print out this poster (PDF) for your break room! It's important to keep your muscles limber, especially if you have a desk job. Stretching can:
- Decrease your risk of injuries
- Help your joints move through their full range of motion
- Provide stress relief and reduce tension headaches
- Help improve your posture