This program has been developed by our Employee Wellness team! View the resources available to you on the main UVM Campus, as well as resources that can be utilized within your own individual offices!
Free Employee Wellness Fitness Classes
Check out our FREE Employee Wellness classes! Classes are provided in partnership with Campus Recreation and follow the UVM Holiday Schedule. Please take note of any additional cancellations or location changes below.
Employee Wellness Yoga is offered this summer and continuing into the fall! Please note that due to construction at the Ira Allen Chapel, the class location may be subject to change. To be added to the email list, please ask the instructor or email email@example.com. Please note the following changes:
- Wednesday, August 7th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Monday, August 12th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Wednesday, August 14th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Monday, August 19th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Wednesday, August 21st: Old Mill 325 (John Dewey Lounge)
- Monday, August 26th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Wednesday, August 28th: Ira Allen Chapel
- Stay tuned for future dates and locations
When: Monday & Wednesday 12-1pm.
Where: Ira Allen Chapel (Use back entrance) or Dewey Lounge (see above for location by date)
What: Take a break from your daily routine and get a new perspective. Brighten up your afternoon with delightful stretching and relaxation of yoga. Come join an eclectic group of like minded folks of all ages and abilities from around campus. The class is taught by UVM Campus Recreation Fitness Coordinator Shayna Stratton. These 'all levels' yoga classes ideal for beginners and others.
Equipment: Please bring a yoga mat.
Group Training offers the best of two worlds - the social dimensions of a team with the accountability and attention of personal training. Sessions meet weekly for a month. Registration requires the purchase of a Myzone heart rate monitor. This class includes:
- A cycling and strength workout
- One to three group training sessions per week for a month
- A workout plan for training an additional day on your own in our fitness center
- Complimentary body metrics assessment during Personal Training office hours
Epic Wellness: On-Site Chiropractic Care
Employees covered on the UVM healthcare plan with BCBSVT have up to 12 covered visits with a $20 specialty copay. UVM Employee Wellness collaborates with one of our wellness partners, Epic Wellness, to bring you the convenience of this on-site care!
- Waterman Building - Tuesdays 7am - 10am; Waterman 455
- Given Building - Tuesdays 10:30am -12:30pm; Given B307 Conference Room
- Schedule an appointment
Lunch & Learn Connection
UVM Employee Wellness collaborates with one of our wellness partners, The Kahm Clinic, to bring you a bimonthly Nutritional Lunch & Learn. Come check it out!
Friday, September 27th - Meal Planning and Preparation
12-1pm in Waterman 338 (Memorial Lounge)
Ever struggle with figuring out what to eat, how much to buy at the store and how to plan meals? Come learn about how to manage meal shopping and preparation in a way that fits your schedule. We will talk about good food shopping habits and best ways to feed yourself and your family!
Friday, November 15th - Q & A Session
12-1pm in Waterman 338 (Memorial Lounge)
There is a plethora of food and nutrition information out there and at times it can be hard to sift through it all. Come prepared with your food and nutrition topics you have questions about. We will talk about popular "food fads" and how to figure out what your body needs.
Other On-Campus Opportunities
Employee Assistance Programs (Invest EAP)
Invest EAP is a Vermont-based public and private non-profit collaborative. Invest EAP provides short-term counseling and referral, management consultation, training and resource information. Visit Invest EAP to view all resources. A login may be created using the organizational password: UVM. UVM Employees can also sign up for onsite counseling appointments.
View this stretching tutorial or print out this poster (PDF) for your break room! It's important to keep your muscles limber, especially if you have a desk job. Stretching can:
- Decrease your risk of injuries
- Help your joints move through their full range of motion
- Provide stress relief and reduce tension headaches
- Help improve your posture