Short-Term Disability Enrollment is ONLY Available During Open Enrollment
A full-time University of Vermont (UVM) Non-Represented Staff, Staff United, Teamsters, United Electrical or a Postdoctoral Associate, Fellow or Trainee either:
- Employed in a regular capacity of at least 75 precent of a 12 -month work year of 37 ½ or 40 hours per week (UVM Benefits Groups A and C), or
- Employed in a regular capacity of 100 percent of an academic year of 9, 10, or 11 months or 37 ½ or 40 hours per week (UVM Benefits Group B)
- Plan will be administered through The Standard (the same vendor used for Long Term Disability and Life Insurance).
- This is an income replacement insurance plan, which may be used for non-work related accident or illness which prevents one from working (e.g., knee surgery, pregnancy).
- Disability is defined as “unable to perform the usual duties of your occupation due to a non-work related accident, sickness and/or pregnancy and your duties cannot be reasonably modified.”
- 100% employee paid, after tax = 70% of weekly work wage/salary up to a maximum of $3,500 weekly.