Short-Term Disability Enrollment is ONLY Available During Open Enrollment
- Non-represented staff & Teamsters.
- UVM benefit groups A and C - Must be full-time UVM staff member employed in a regular capacity for at least 75% of a 12-month work year of 37.5 or 40 hours per work.
- UVM benefit group B - In a regular capacity of 100% of an academic year of 9,10,11 months for 37.5 or 40 hours per week.
- Plan will be administered through The Standard (the same vendor used for Long Term Disability and Life Insurance).
- This is an income replacement insurance plan, which may be used for non-work related accident or illness which prevents one from working (e.g., knee surgery, pregnancy).
- Disability is defined as “unable to perform the usual duties of your occupation due to a non-work related accident, sickness and/or pregnancy and your duties cannot be reasonably modified.”
- 100% employee paid, after tax = 70% of weekly work wage/salary up to a maximum of $3,500 weekly.