Individual Learning Opportunities (Open Labs)
Learning Services maintains a regular schedule of Individual Learning Opportunities designed to provide hands-on instruction. To ensure that we are fully-prepared to give you individualized learning, registration via PeopleSoft is required for these sessions.
Software Individual Help (OPL001): Specifically for help with office software programs used at UVM. These programs are: Access, Excel, LimeSurvey, PowerPoint, Prezi, and Word.
More Topics Coming Soon! We are currently working on opportunities for individual help for PeopleSoft and other topics. Send us an email and tell us what additional topics we should add.
How to Register
To enroll in an individual help session:
- Log into PeopleSoft Human Resources to register for a session
- Search for the course code that corresponds to your topic of choice (see the list above)
- Select a date and time from the list that is generated
- After selecting a class, the comment field will appear. Please tell us what specific issues you would like help with during the session.
- Your session will begin and end on time, please plan accordingly.
- If you cannot make a session, please cancel your appointment as far in advance as possible.
- These sessions are not meant to be a substitute for attending Professional Development and Training classes or reading Mini Manuals.
- We cannot answer questions about departmental procedure or interpret University Policy. Please consult with your supervisor for the answers to these questions.
- Check out the PeopleSoft Mini-Manual for your PeopleSoft functional area of interest prior to signing up for an Open Lab—you may answer your own question and save yourself some time.