Plenary Lectures are scheduled on select Wednesdays throughout the semester from 5:05-6:20 pm in Billings Lecture Hall. Members of the University community as well as the broader Burlington community are always welcome to attend.
Fall 2017 Schedule
- Wednesday, August 30 - Introductory Plenary
- Wednesday, September 6 - Dr. Jim Hudziak, "The Neuroscience of Brain Development during the College Years: How to Build a Healthier Brain"
- Wednesday, Septmeber 13 - Emily Proctor, "The Shape of the Universe: A Question of Perspective"
- Wednesday, September 20 - Brandon Ogbunugafor, TBA
- Monday, September 25 - Matt Richel, Discussion of A Deadly Wandering
- Wednesday, October 4 - Paul Van de Graaf, US Attorney's Office, "How Stories Work in the Courtroom"
- Wednesday, October 18 - Chris Danforth, "Measuring Happiness, Health, and Stories through Songs, Tweets, and Books"
- Wednesday, November 1 - Lizzy Pope, "Explaining Our Rational Irrationality with Behavioral Economics and Beyonce"
- Wednesday, November 29 - Faculty Panel Discussion on Frankenstein