Jan Shamberger (she/her) joined the Center for Health and Wellbeing in January 2018 as a Behavior Health Provider. She has a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from Saint Michael’s College and also holds licensure in Vermont as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC). Jan has experience working with adolescents, young adults and families, on issues related to trauma, mental health and substance abuse in a variety of treatment settings. Jan incorporates a holistic, client-centered approach in her work with individuals.
Behavioral Health Provider
Research and/or Creative Works
Awards and Recognition
- Burlington Partnership for a Healthy Community - Roots of Prevention DG Weaver Award
- VT Association of Student Assistance Professionals - Kathy Fionda Award for Student Assistance Professional of the Year
- Washington County Court Diversion Program - Kerin-Rochon Lifesaver Award
Associations and Affiliations
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
- Provide assessment, intervention, education, short term counseling, and referrals for students experiencing substance misuse and mental health issues.
- Support students with stress management and adjustment to college life
- Assist students who are struggling with sleep issues
Student Health Services