Three trailblazing University of Vermont professors were named Fellows of the Ecological Society of America (ESA) today for outstanding contributions to the science of ecology.
A new study examining 100 years of bumble bee records reveals that almost half of Vermont’s species, which are vital pollinators, have either vanished or are in serious decline.
Want bigger, faster-growing blueberries? New research shows wild bees are an essential secret ingredient in larger and better blueberry yields – producing plumper, faster-ripening berries.
- How Forests Improve Kids' Diets
- Taylor Ricketts Returns From Costa Rica
- Global Warming a Buzzkill for Coffee Lovers
- Global Kids Study: More Trees, Less Disease
- Climate Change a Buzzkill for Coffee Lovers
- Save the Bees? There’s an App for That
- UVM Scientists Fight Bee Declines
- Wild Bee Decline Threatens U.S. Crop Production
- A shifting approach to save endangered species
- Surprisingly few ‘busy bees’ make global crops grow
- 1 of 2
- next ›