Phoebe Spencer always wanted to go beyond the hallowed halls of academia to apply her expertise in economic inequality and environmental issues to real-world problems.
Food Systems PhD student Caitlin Morgan is the recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Master's Thesis Award in a social science or humanities discipline from the UVM Graduate College.
The way Nick Strayer '15 tells the story, it seems simple. How did he get a post as a data journalist at The New York Times a few months after he graduated from UVM? “They contacted me,” he says. A captivating narrative in three words.
- How to Talk to Strangers About Drones
- Floodplains Saved Middlebury $1.8M in Damage
- UVM Grad Student Wins Switzer Environmental Fellowship
- On Course for Cuba
- Grad Student, Alumni Win Top Research Prize
- Searching For The Smart Grid
- Grad Student's $140K Award Goes to Spam Folder
- UVM, McGill, York Partner on Six-Year, $5 Million Graduate Program to Create New Generation of Environmental Leaders