Students at the Gund get a deep understanding of complex global issues, hands-on training in interdisciplinary research and problem-solving with world-class scholars, and real-world experience collaborating with government and business.
Funded PhD opportunities with real-world impact.
The Gund Institute for Environment seeks outstanding PhD applicants interested in conducting interdisciplinary research on urgent global environmental issues.
Gund PhD Research Assistantships
- Gund Research Assistantships support PhD scholarship across four global research themes.
- Students receive up to four years of funding at $32,000 per year, tuition and health insurance.
- Learn more about Gund Research Assistantships.
Gund Barrett PhD Assistantships
- Gund Barrett Assistantships enable PhD students to collaborate on urgent issues in engineering and the environment.
- Students receive up to four years of funding, including an annual $35,000 stipend, tuition, and health insurance.
- Learn more about Gund Barrett Research Assistantships.
Leadership for the Ecozoic
- These PhD students seek mutually-enhancing human-Earth relationships in a global research-to-action partnership between UVM and McGill University.
- Students receive three years of funding, including annual $27,000 stipend, tuition, health insurance, and internship.
- Learn more about Leadership for the Ecozoic.