Fans of 90s pop culture will remember Carmen Sandiego, the mastermind who led a global gang across time and space. Fast-forward to 2017 and meet Donna Rizzo, computer scientist, environmental engineer – and the new acting director of the Gund Institute for Environment, UVM’s newest global research initiative.
Segundo o primeiro estudo abrangente sobre o desmatamento provocado pela mineração na maior floresta tropical do mundo, a ampliação de atividades de mineração no Brasil está destruindo áreas significativamente maiores da icônica floresta amazônica do que se pensava anteriormente.
Sprawling mining operations in Brazil are destroying much more of the iconic Amazon forest than previously thought, says the first comprehensive study of mining deforestation in the world’s largest tropical rainforest.
- Conservationists’ Eco-footprints: Education Alone Won’t Change Behavior
- Global Kids Study: More Trees, Less Disease
- Report: Vermont Losing 1,500 Acres of Forest Every Year
- Gund Institute Seeks New Fellows and Affiliates
- Climate Change a Buzzkill for Coffee Lovers
- UVM Is: Ernesto Mendez Embraces the Growing Agroecology Movement
- Ten Takeaways from the US Withdrawal from The Paris Climate Accord
- Trump Budget Could Be a Climate Cooker
- UVM Faculty Member to Release Documentary on Resurgent Progressive Movement
- Highlights: Gund Institute for Ecological Economics (2002-2017)
- 1 of 75
- next ›