Graduate Fellows’ formal appointments at UVM will be are in the home units of their advisors. Students supported by Gund PhD Research Assistantships are automatically appointed as Graduate Fellows.
UVM doctoral, masters and graduate certificate students with strong interests in transdisciplinary research and the Gund Institute’s mission are eligible can apply to become Gund Graduate Fellows.
By becoming a Gund Graduate Fellow, UVM students join the Institute’s global professional network, gaining exposure to a wide range of expertise, perspectives, and techniques through course offerings, weekly discussions, seminars, and research mentoring. Many pursue the Ecological Economics Graduate Certificate.
Graduate Fellows’ formal appointments at UVM will beare inare the home units of their advisors. Students supported by Gund PhD Research Assistantships are automatically appointed as Graduate Fellows.
Once admitted to your home department at UVM, becoming a Graduate Fellow is simple:
- Ask a current Gund Fellow or Graduate Fellow to nominate you.
- Nominators email your nomination to the Gund Institute’s Research Coordinator.
- The Research Coordinator then invites the nominee to submit a CV and letter of interest indicating how their research interests align with the Gund mission and priorities.
- The Research Coordinator makes recommendations to the Director who makes final appointment decisions on new Graduate Fellows.
• Participate in collaborative research efforts among Gund Community members.
• Access to enrichment funds to support research costs, travel, publication, etc.
• Access to communications support (e.g., media outreach when appropriate, training).
• Voice in setting Institute direction through Graduate/Postdoc meetings and retreats.
• Access to Gund workshops and seminars.
• Access to facilities and resources of the Johnson House.
• Professional development opportunities.
• Participate regularly in Gund seminars and events.
• Participate in Graduate Fellows meetings.
• Communicate Gund affiliation in websites, emails, publications, social media.
• Acknowledge Gund financial support in all resulting publications.
• Facilitate at least one Gund seminar per year.