2021-2022 application deadlines are as follows:
|Conference Date||Application Deadline|
September 2021 - January 2022
September 24th, 2021
February 2022 - May 2022
January 21st, 2022
June 2022 - August 2022
May 20th, 2022
*All applications are due at 4:00pm EST on the due date.
For the Spring 2022 cycle and until further notice, all guidance locally and to the proposed conference destination must be followed. Given that some conferences are still hosted virtually:
- Registration fees of less than $300 do not require a department matching contribution. If awarded, the Graduate College, will fund the full amount.
- In cases where the cost exceeds the full $300 Graduate College award, a matching contribution from a source in your department or program will be required, up to 50% of the amount of the Graduate College's award (i.e. up to $150 if receiving $300 from the Graduate College)
Applications must include, in addition to the forms, an abstract of the paper/poster, a copy of the meeting announcement (or similar), and a copy of the applicant's curriculum vitae. Additional materials may be attached where deemed appropriate by the applicant. Requests that do not include all required materials will not be considered.
- Applicants MUST have presented a poster or an oral presentation as a first author at one of the previously sanctioned Student Research Conferences in order to be eligible for a Mini-Grant. To clarify, this means that anyone who wants to apply for the 2021-2022 grant cycle will have to have presented at any previous conference up to the most recent conference (April2021). Note: The April 2022 conference will count for the May 20th, 2022 deadline. Please see the webpage regarding the Student Research Conference for more information. This requirement is temporarily suspended due to change in 2020 SRC format.
- Mini-Grant applicants must be presenting a poster or an oral presentation as a first author at the conference for which they are applying for funding. Workshops will not be funded.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Applicants may receive up to one award per year (e.g., if you received an award in either the September 2021 or January 2022 grant cycle, you are ineligible for mini-grants during the May 2022 cycle).
- All materials must be included with the initial application as described in the directions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
More instructions and additional guidelines can be found in the application link below.