2023-2024 application deadlines are as follows:
|Conference Date||Application Deadline|
September 2023 - January 2024
September 26th, 2023
February 2024 - May 2024
January 23rd, 2024
June 2024 - August 2024
May 22nd, 2024
*All applications are due at 4:00pm EST on the due date.
For the Spring 2023 cycle and until further notice, all guidance locally and to the proposed conference destination must be followed. Given that some conferences are still hosted virtually:
- Registration fees of less than $300 do not require a department matching contribution. If awarded, the Graduate College, will fund the full amount.
- In cases where the cost exceeds the full $300 Graduate College award, a matching contribution from a source in your department or program will be required, up to 50% of the amount of the Graduate College's award (i.e. up to $150 if receiving $300 from the Graduate College)
Applications must include, in addition to the forms, an abstract of the paper/poster, a copy of the meeting announcement (or similar), and a copy of the applicant's curriculum vitae. Additional materials may be attached where deemed appropriate by the applicant. Requests that do not include all required materials will not be considered.
- Applicants MUST have presented a poster or an oral presentation as a first author at one of the previously sanctioned Student Research Conferences in order to be eligible for a Mini-Grant. To clarify, this means that anyone who wants to apply for the 2023-2024 grant cycle will have to have presented at any previous conference up to the most recent conference (April 2023). Note: The April 2024 conference will count for the May 19th, 2024 deadline. Please see the webpage regarding the Student Research Conference for more information.
- Mini-Grant applicants must be presenting a poster or an oral presentation as a first author at the conference for which they are applying for funding. Workshops will not be funded.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Applicants may receive up to one award per year (e.g., if you received an award in either the September 2023 or January 2024 grant cycle, you are ineligible for mini-grants during the May 2024 cycle).
- All materials must be included with the initial application as described in the directions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
More instructions and additional guidelines can be found in the application link below.