Support for Graduate Faculty
The Graduate Writing Center also supports faculty who teach and mentor graduate students.
Contact us to:
- Invite a graduate writing consultant to introduce the Graduate Writing Center to students in your class or program
- Arrange for a special topic workshop for your seminar or program
- Consult about designing assignments or integrating writing support into your classes or lab
- Discuss ways the Graduate Writing Center can support your students in group or other special writing projects
- Consult about writing supports for international graduate students
You can also help promote the Graduate Writing Center by including this paragraph on your course syllabus, course Blackboard, or program website:
The UVM Graduate Writing Center (GWC) offers free one-on-one and group consultations to graduate students working on a wide range of academic and professional projects: course papers, proposals, posters, dissertations, and more. Students can meet with a graduate writing consultant in person or online via Teams at any stage of a project, from initial planning to final revisions and editing. GWC also offers two-part Review and Meet appointments for longer or technical drafts, Feedback by Email, and writing retreats. Visit uvm.edu/gradwriting to learn more and uvm.mywconline.net to make an appointment.
Faculty recommendations help us identify the best graduate student writers on campus to serve (working up to 10 hours per week) as graduate writing consultants. If you have a graduate student you'd like to recommend, please let us know.