Every UVM department must complete the annual Space and Movable Equipment Inventory to update information on:
- Space assignment, room type, and room occupants
- Functional activities and funding sources of rooms
- Movable equipment location and usage
The inventory normally starts on April 15th of each year with training available during the same month. Since much of the inventory work requires on campus verification, the start date for the FY20 inventory is still to be determined. With respect to training, online programs are being developed for the inventory process including several Q&A sessions using Microsoft Teams. We will update you once we have more details to share.
In the meantime, if you should have any questions about the space and movable equipment inventory and/or training, please send them to email@example.com.
Data collected through this inventory are key factors for assessing facilities and space costs for the University’s Incentive-based Budgeting (IBB) model and providing important information for the University’s F&A (indirect costs), income/expense rates, program costing, Space Management and Planning, and assessment and inventory of movable equipment over $5000.
Follow these four steps:
- Attend training: Watch training videos and read user guides (see secondary menu for links), and participate in upcoming online Q&A sessions. New departmental personnel assigned to conduct the inventory are required to obtain training prior to using the FAMIS Self-Service inventory system. Staff who have not attended training in the last 3 years are strongly encouraged to attend a session as well.
- Get organized: Prior to starting the inventory process, use the checklist (PDF) to obtain and organize key reference information. This will serve you well in determining what room information requires updating.
- Conduct the inventory: See the user guide (PDF) for step-by-step instructions.
- Certify inventory results: For the inventory to be considered complete, the following documentation is required to be emailed to Cost Accounting Services, and all issues resolved from CAS's subsequent quality assurance review:
- Completed and signed Certification Form (PDF)
- Space Functional Exception Report (with no exceptions)
- Movable Equipment Inventory results in an Excel spreadsheet with applicable reconciliation commentary (applicable to only departments who have movable equipment)