Projects & Initiatives
Division of Finance Website Transition
- One of the new end-user tools on the Division of Finance website is a Dates & Deadlines page. We are excited to introduce links to view or subscribe in Outlook to four separate finance-related calendars:
- Budget dates: general fund and income-expense budgeting deadlines, schedules, etc.
- General accounting: accounting period closures, reminders, invoice run schedules, etc. (coming soon)
- Payroll: payroll deadlines and schedule
- Other finance dates: BFAN meetings, office hour changes, other Division of Finance-sponsored events
- We have begun to convert our existing unit pages to new "services" pages on the Division of Finance Drupal site. New web pages for Tax, Payroll, and Treasury services are now available. You can access these new pages through the Finance home page, the "Our Services" main menu item, or through the Controller’s website (links will redirect you to new pages). Contact: Cindy Lee
Updates & Announcements
University Financial Services Reorganization
The two functional services in the former Tax & Treasury Services department have been reorganized:
- The vacant Assistant Controller for Tax & Treasury will not be filled.
- A new Treasury Services department is now headed up by Bonnie Cormier in her new role as Director of Treasury Services. Contact email@example.com.
- Tax administration is now under Payroll and Tax Services (formerly Payroll Services), led by Penny Cayia, Director of Payroll & Tax Services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- In addition, we are hiring a tax manager who will be responsible for the tax administration function and will report directly to Penny. Paul Sebastiano, Business/Accounting Specialist for tax, has joined the Payroll and Tax Services team and will work under the direction of the Tax Manager.
- The Division of Finance org chart now reflects these changes.
Disbursement Center New Location
The Disbursement Center is coming back to campus! Currently renting offices in Colchester, the Travel & Expense, Accounts Payable, and PurCard teams will be on campus at 23 Mansfield Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401 as of June 6, 2018.
- The Relocation University Operating Procedure (UOP) has been revised to reflect changes to the federal tax law.
- The mileage reimbursement rate will go up on July 1, 2018, to $0.545 from $0.535. Use this rate for travel on or after July 1, 2018.
FY18 year-end schedule
- Budget managers and key personnel have received communications related to year-end tasks and deadlines beginning in late May through the end of July, including a link to the updated Year-end User Guide, and schedule of deadlines for FY18. Further communications and deadline information will be sent to BFAN and CATskill listservs and posted on our FY18 Year-End Closing site. Contact Lindsey Donovan.
- As we move toward the end of the fiscal year, FY17 prepaid transactions (PurCard charges and payables invoices) must be transferred to FY18. The Prepaid Transactions User Guide details this process and describes which transactions need to be on prepaid accounts for the new fiscal year (FY19), how to find prior fiscal year (FY 17) prepaid transactions, and how to make those corrections.