Projects & Initiatives
- IBB 2.0: As stated in Provost Rosowsky’s memo to all faculty and staff last month, the IBB Steering Committee is seeking nominations to fill vacant spots on the Committee and is soliciting input for improving the budget model for IBB 2.0. Individuals may submit input via a survey available on the Provost’s IBB website.
- A PeopleSoft Finance upgrade from version 9.1 to version 9.2 will occur in April 2018. The most noticeable changes for end-users will be in the eProcurement and Travel & Expense modules. Look for more updates in February and March, including information sessions, trainings, open labs, and edu@uvm sessions. PeopleSoft HR has already made the 9.2 upgrade.
Updates & Announcements
- The Cash Deposit Transmittal Form and Customer Cash Deposit Transmittal Form have been updated with important information on record retention guidelines and the University Operating Procedure for Securing and Handling Cash Deposits. The forms also include a signature line for the person preparing and submitting the form. Please update any saved links or files with the new versions of the forms. If your department uses its own form, please update it with the new language and send to General Accounting to approve language.
- Please note: The Cashier’s Office does not make or keep copies of checks received. Each department is responsible for keeping/copying their checks. It is not required to copy the backs of checks. It is recommended that copies are kept in a secure location, such as a secure shared folder that your IT support person sets up. The Records Retention Policy will be updated to reflect this procedure.
- Hotel Name Changes: The Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center is now the DoubleTree Hilton. Trader Duke’s is now Trader Duke’s Hotel by Marriott. Negotiated prices for 2018 will increase by a few dollars depending on the season. Purchasing Services is working through how to amend already signed contracts in effect for 2018. More information to follow.
- If you have not submitted your 2017 Private Business Use Questionnaire or completed your PBU training, please do so before the winter break. Contact Michelle Dudley or Cindy Lee.
- The Travel Policy and the Business Meal, Hospitality and Amenity Policy are scheduled for review this year. If you have suggestions for the Disbursement Center to consider in their review process, please contact Erin Fitzgerald or Tiffany Barker Cook.
- Please route all invoices to the Disbursement Center, especially if your department received an invoice and the Disbursement Center did not.
Year-end and Winter Break reminders
- IRS 1099 Misc. reporting requirements:
- Turn in any Payment Acknowledgement Forms to the Disbursement Center before the end of the calendar year
- Replenish or close out participant petty cash funds before winter break, or by January at latest
- Check the Payroll Schedule for important payroll dates and deadlines
- Bi-weekly and semi-monthly employees can pick up checks on December 21 but may not cash or deposit checks until the next payday
- Bi-weekly payday: December 22
- Semi-monthly payday: December 30
- Each year about 500 W2s get lost in the USPS mail. A more efficient and secure solution is for employees to elect to receive W2s electronically through PeopleSoft.
- For those who still receive paper W2s, please review and update your Home Address on file in PeopleSoft to ensure W2s are sent to your correct address.
- Gifts/gift cards are often given at the end of the year, and are considered as taxable items. Please notify Payroll Services by December 15 of any in order to be in time for the last payrolls of the year which start running on December 15.
News from Across the Campus
- Visit the Compliance Office website for information about the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards.