Through this centralized Amazon Business account, you will have immediate access to:
- Free 5-8-day shipping on orders over $25
- Pricing and quantity discounts
- Access to a specialized Customer Service team (866) 486-2360
- Enhanced reporting features
As always, it is best to use UVM’s contracts and pricing agreements. Questions about UVM’s contracts and pricing agreements should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Office supplies and scientific laboratory supplies are mandated through our Staples and Thermo Fisher contracts and are not allowable from Amazon.)
Please note that it is not allowable for individuals to use UVM's Amazon business account for personal purchases (using your own personal credit cards)
This type of activity puts UVM’s sales tax exemption with the State of Vermont at risk. Individuals must deactivate any personal credit cards (PDF) associated to the UVM Amazon business account effective immediately. It is the individual's responsibility to calculate the state sales tax due to the State of Vermont when completing personal tax forms for 2018.
As of February 14, 2017, all Amazon accounts and purchases must be consolidated to the centralized University of Vermont Amazon Business account. If you are unsure of how to activate or deactivate your account, or use Amazon Business, please see the reference guide (PDF) or accompanying videos for further guidance. These resources include instructions on what to do if you are already using your @uvm.edu account on Amazon.com.
Tax Refund Process
- Go to “Your Orders” on Amazon.com.
- Locate the item that was charged tax and click the “Contact the Seller” button.
- If the button is not there, call the ATEP support line at 1-888-280-9552.
- Enter the subject as “Tax Exemption Refund Request.”
- Include the order number and the amount charged.
- The seller is required to respond within 72 hours. The seller may ask for some additional information or they may simply issue the refund.
Please contact the PurCard team if you have further questions