The Division of Finance is committed strongly to diversity, inclusion, and the University's shared values of openness, justice, respect, integrity, innovation, and responsibility. We endeavor to provide a culture and environment that is accessible, inclusive, and supportive of people of varied backgrounds interacting effectively in a climate of mutual respect.
Our Inclusive Excellence Action Plan
Our Commitment to DF Staff
The Division of Finance offers its staff multiple learning opportunities with the goal of improving our multicultural competency and building productive connections with each other and other members of UVM community.
- We offer diversity and multicultural competency professional development through guest speakers and workshops
- We encourage and financially support DF staff participation in campus-wide diversity programs and events, including Blackboard Jungle and the UVM Women’s Summit
- We maintain a staff professional development resource library
- We provide regular reminders and updates to staff about development opportunities
Our Commitment to the Campus Community
Through its mission of resource stewardship, responsive service, and objective advice, the Division of Finance promotes campus-wide diversity and inclusion opportunities, events, and programs; assists in identifying funding for diversity-related initiatives; and provides services that foster an inclusive campus climate.
- We onboard and advise foreign national students, faculty, and staff regarding tax information
- We offer support and advice to departments engaging and paying foreign speakers and consultants
- We encourage University departments to do business with minority- and women-owned business enterprises (M/WBE) whenever possible
- We assist deans and Vice Presidents in identifying funding opportunities as they pursue institutional diversity and inclusive excellence goals
- We provide funding support for campus-wide diversity programs and events such as Blackboard Jungle, UVM Women’s Summit, and Dismantling Rape Culture conference
- We annually host the Mosaic Center for Students of Color’s weekly student breakfast