The Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative is a collaboration among state governments, federal gencies, universities, and non-profits providing the information needed to understand, manage, and protect the region’s forested ecosystems in a changing global environment. To grow the Cooperative and build awareness of the FEMC by organizations and individuals across the northeast, we are enlisting members of the FEMC Community to serve as FEMC Champions. The work of Champions will help us to strengthen connections across the region, share our resources, and expand the use of and contributions to our data archive and online tools.
Why Be a Champion?
As a Champion, you will gain greater awareness of FEMC, the tools we offer, and how to effectively use the tools. You will also gain a connection to the FEMC network and with other FEMC Champions. Champions will also receive complimentary registration to the annual FEMC Conference.
What You Will Do
There are several ways in which you can be involved as an FEMC Champion. Some possibilities include:
- Be a social media ambassador: like, share, and comment on FEMC social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Share the FEMC newsletter with colleagues
- Respond to surveys and requests for information
- Contribute stories to the FEMC newsletter about your organization
- Include stories from FEMC in your newsletter or on your blog
- Invite FEMC to present or provide trainings to your organization
View the Brochure
How to Get Involved
FEMC is establishing this program in 2021. As a new program we are testing a variety of strategies to learn what is of greatest benefit to both FEMC and individual Champions. For this inaugural group, we would like to invite individuals who already have an understanding of the FEMC to apply to be a Champion. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please complete the form at this link: https://go.uvm.edu/h0a58.