Flowers and Perennials
Everyone can enjoy the beauty of flowers. From resources on Perry's Perennials website about bed design, caring for flowers and more to information brought to you by the Master Gardener Program, Extension maintains a wealth of resources for the gardener in you.
Find instruction on ...
Becoming a Master Gardener
- Extension's Master Gardener Program [Extension partner site] In addition to a website that offers a great deal of information, the Master Gardener course covers the basics of home horticulture and what it means to be a Master Gardener (MG). The instructors are comprised of UVM faculty and VT horticulture professionals. Course topics include: botany, turf, weeds, entomology, plant pathology, vegetables, soil science, perennials and annuals, sustainable landscaping, applied pest management, UVM Extension volunteering, and invasive plant control.
- "Attracting Birds Naturally" article (PDF) Recommended plants and plantings to attract birds. Note: 2 pages, FS 174:11, 2001.
- Perry's Perennial Pages Dr. Leonard Perry's Web pages for on-line perennial and related horticultural information. [Extension partner site]
- Other perennial resources from Perry's [Extension partner site]
- GARDEN HELP from UVM Extension Master Gardener [Extension partner site]
- "Watering" article (PDF) Recommended watering methods, equipment, and related planting tips. Note: 2 pages, FS 174:6, 2001.
Last modified January 27 2015 08:27 AM