Center staff and faculty research leading-edge practices and new approaches that help farmers and other food system stakeholders who are seeking profitability, incorporating environmentally regenerative practices, and addressing social and community-based food-related needs. Like nearly everyone else, we are adapting to current challenges and realities related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read this short document about working with our staff in this time, and what you can expect from our personnel should you require a visit to your farm.
The Center for Sustainable Agriculture advances sustainable food and farming systems in Vermont and beyond. We cultivate partnership, support innovative research and practices, and inform policy to benefit Vermont communities and the UVM campus.
- Sourcing & Selling Vermont Food in the Time of Covid-19 Webinar Series
- 2019 Annual Report
- Climate Adaptation Resources Database
- Vermont Wool - and other natural fibers - Project
- Pasture & Surface Water Fencing Program
- The Who Farms? Project
- Elderberry information
- Solar on farms report
- Guide to log-grown shiitakes
- Subscribe to the (digital) pasture calendar or "Fresh from the Field" newsletter
- Contact a staff member