Becoming certified is the beginning of many great opportunities for Extension Master Gardener members. You'll be eligible to attend member-only events such as; private garden tours, advanced horticulture lectures, hands-on workshops, and EMG community projects in your local EMG chapter. These activities are a great way to spend time with fellow horticulture enthusiasts while expanding your gardening education!
Become part of a network of Extension Master Gardeners ... over 50,000 nationwide.
- Access to National and International EMG conferences and events
- Access to the email listserve that reaches volunteers across the state
- Invitations from the State office to free and low-cost advanced courses, workshops, and seminars that detail subjects like landscape planning, pest identification, and composting
- Invitations to local Chapter volunteer gatherings and garden visits where you can meet other Extension Master Gardeners who share your gardening interests
- Opportunities to take on leadership roles in your local volunteer chapter
- Membership in a community of like-minded gardener-volunteers wanting to make a difference in their communities
- Play role as a recognized gardening expert that provides locally relevant research-based gardening information
- Receive an annual Resource List of Educational Events
- Nursery Discounts
- Receive monthly program updates
To remain active as a certified Extension Master Gardener Volunteer you must meet the following requirements.
- Volunteer 25 hours or more per year, 5 hours of which can be continuing education
- Pay annual certification renewal fee ($25)