Welcome! Please see the drop downs below to read about our latest course offerings.
Creating Pollinator Friendly Landscapes in Vermont-Self-Paced Online Course!
Instructors: Cheryl Frank-Sullivan, (Entomology) Sarah Kingsley-Richards, (Integrated pest management) and Jane Sorensen (Pollinator habitat and plants).
Learn to use Integrated Pest Management strategies to attract pollinators and reduce pesticide use in your garden! This is a self-paced course for small landowners and home gardeners in Vermont.
By taking this course, students will learn:
- Integrated Pest Management as a strategy for pollinator protection.
- Positive changes to enhance and protect pollinators. Such as providing bee habitat, avoidance of pesticides, or choice of bee-friendly plants and pesticides on land or garden.
Here's how it works:
- Pollination and how to support pollinators
- Habitat Enhancement
- Managing Pests while Protecting Pollinators
For each module you will:
- The module outline
- Assigned readings
- The pre-recorded lecture (s)
Once you are finished with the above:
- The final course survey. This will unlock your certificate of completion
- Your certificate of completion
For more information or to enroll please contact: email@example.com
The fee for this course is $30.
To purchase and enroll in the course, click the following button:
Lunch Time Pest & Disease Updates with Anne Hazelrigg-Summer 2020
Ann is a Associate Professor at UVM who oversees the Master Gardener program, the UVM Pesticide Education and Safety Program, and is director of the UVM Plant Diagnostic Clinic, a statewide resource for commercial growers.
These events are from 12:30-1:00pm. They are open to anyone who wants to join. They will be live sessions broadcast on Zoom.
Please sign up for each of the events you would like to attend individually by choosing the dates from the drop down menu to the right.
To enroll in the course, click the following button: