Business Planning Resources
- Maple Market Insights: The Maple Data Dashboard - A summary of key results from maple market demand research and access to the interactive research dashboard.
- Maple Business Digital Marketing Assessment - A brief worksheet to begin mapping out the phases of a digital marketing plan for your operation.
- One-Page Maple Business Plan - A simple worksheet for collecting the basic components of your business plan.
- Assessment Checklist for a Maple Sap Business- An excel template with a rating scale to consider sixteen features of a potential sap business and suagrbush.
- Maple SWOT Analysis - A stategic planning worksheet to consider the business strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Maple Product Features - A market planning worksheet to identify key product features and promotional communications.
- Operating Agreement Template- This educational template provides the structure for a formal Limited Liability Company (LLC) operating agreement.
- Legal Entity Stuctures for Maple Producers- This guide includes establishment and maintenance of partnerships, limited liability companies and other joint ventures.
- Joint Venture Agreement- This educational template includes the major items needed to formalize a joint venture agreement.
- Maple Rental Rates Fact Sheet — An overview describing aspects of maple rental agreements and listing important considerations.
- Maple Rental Rates: Percent of Gross Revenue — Charts to establish a per tap rental rate based on both the market price for syrup and sap yield.
- Maple Lease Checklist — This educational resource includes a number of key questions for the parties of a lease to discuss in order to develop an appropriate document for their situation.
- 2020 Sugarbush Lease Guide and 2020 Sugarhouse Lease Guide — Resources designed for maple syrup producers, maple sap producers and forest land owners to consider, discuss and formalize lease agreements.
- Entity Set-Up Questionnaire for Maple Businesses — This questionnaire documents key features of a business to guide legal professionals and owners to an appropriate entity selection.
Maple Benchmark Reports
- 2019 Northeast Maple Business Benchmark, FBRR 043 Cost of production analysis for 11 maple syrup and sap producers ranging from 6,500 - 60,000 taps.
- 2017 Maple Business Benchmark, FBRR029 — Cost of production analysis for 12 maple syrup producers ranging from 2,500 – 18,000 taps in 2017.
- 2016 Maple Business Benchmark, Revised, FBRR026 — Cost of production analysis for 11 maple syrup producers ranging from 2,500 – 25,000 taps in 2016.
- 2015 Maple Business Benchmark, FBRR024 — Cost of production analysis for 14 maple syrup producers ranging from 2,500 – 25,000 taps in 2015.
- 2014 Maple Business Benchmark FBRR015 — Cost of production and financial analysis for 2,500 – 50,000 + tap maple operations in 2014.
- 2013 Maple Business Benchmark, FBRR012-12/14 — Cost of production and financial analysis for 2,500 – 20,000 tap maple operations.