Business Planning Resources
- Maple Business Digital Marketing Assessment — A brief worksheet to begin mapping out the phases of a digital marketing plan for your operation. (UVM Extension)
- One-Page Maple Business Plan — A simple worksheet for collecting the basic components of your business plan. (UVM Extension)
- Maple Rental Rates Fact Sheet — An overview describing aspects of maple rental agreements and listing important considerations.
- Maple Rental Rates: Percent of Gross Revenue — Charts to establish a per tap rental rate based on both the market price for syrup and sap yield.
- Maple Lease Checklist — This educational resource includes a number of key questions for the parties of a lease to discuss in order to develop an appropriate document for their situation.
- 2020 Sugarbush Lease Guide and 2020 Sugarhouse Lease Guide — Resources designed for maple syrup producers, maple sap producers and forest land owners to consider, discuss and formalize lease agreements.
- Entity Set-Up Questionnaire for Maple Businesses — This questionnaire documents key features of a business to guide legal professionals and owners to an appropriate entity selection.
Maple Benchmark Reports
- 2017 Maple Business Benchmark, FBRR029 — Cost of production analysis for 12 maple syrup producers ranging from 2,500 – 18,000 taps in 2017.
- 2016 Maple Business Benchmark, Revised, FBRR026 — Cost of production analysis for 11 maple syrup producers ranging from 2,500 – 25,000 taps in 2016.
- 2015 Maple Business Benchmark, FBRR024 — Cost of production analysis for 14 maple syrup producers ranging from 2,500 – 25,000 taps in 2015.
- 2014 Maple Business Benchmark FBRR015 — Cost of production and financial analysis for 2,500 – 50,000 + tap maple operations in 2014.
- 2013 Maple Business Benchmark, FBRR012-12/14 — Cost of production and financial analysis for 2,500 – 20,000 tap maple operations.