Maple Business Short Courses (October-November)
UVM offers a variety of short courses each year. The Fall 2021 courses (Maple Business Planning and Maple Financial Planning) have concluded. Check back for upcoming programs scheduled for 2022.
2021 Webinar Archive
UVM maple specialists hosted a series of online webinars focused maple production, forestry practices and business management. Slides and recordings are posted below.
Total Yields from Red Maple (July 21st), "Red Maple as Crop Trees" (article)
2020 Webinar Archive:
UVM maple specialists hosted a series of online webinars focused on business decision making and forestry practices. Slides and recorded sessions are posted below.
- Sugarbush Rental Rates Wednesday, August 5th; 7:00pm EST (slides; video)
- Tapping Practices to Optimize Yield and Sustainability Wednesday, August 19th; 7:00pm EST (video)
- Sugarbush Leases and the Sugarhouse Lease Wednesday, September 2nd; 7:00pm EST (slides; video)
- Sap Yield and Tapping Stained Wood Wednesday, September 16th; 7:00pm EST (slides; video)
- Fall Tapping and Tap Hole Longevity Wednesday, September 30th; 7:00pm EST (video)
- Forestry and Maple Panel Discussion Wednesday, October 14th; 7:00pm EST (video)
- Tubing Systems and Forest Management Wednesday, October 28th; 7:00pm EST
- Digital Entrepreneurship and Online Sales Wednesday, November 4th; 7:00pm EST (slides; video)
- Sap-Only Enterprises Wednesday, November 11th; 7:00pm EST (slides; video)
- Appraisal and Valuation of a Sugarbush Wednesday, December 9th; 7:00pm EST (slides; video)