Departments from around campus collaborate in order to most effectively respond to the needs of students at risk. Please refer to this list:

How do I get help dealing with a distressed student?

You should not deal with distressed students by yourself. The best thing to do is to consult with the Dean of Students Office. Contact the Assistant Dean for Retention at 802-656-3380 if you are concerned about a student. You can also consult with the Counseling and Psychiatric Services and your College Dean's Office.

How do I get assistance dealing with a case of academic dishonesty?

The Center for Student Conduct has a program to help faculty deal with violations to the Academic Integrity code. Contact the Center for Student Conduct for more information.

How can a student join a Fraternity or a Sorority?

Joining a fraternity or sorority on campus is another way for a student to develop leadership skills and promote strong community values.  Greek Life offers a unique student involvement experience.  Learn more from the Fraternity and Sorority Life website.

How can a student find a job on campus?

Student employment is an excellent way for a student to gain work experience, make new friends, and earn some money.  Students can gain valuable workplace skills by taking advantage of the many opportunities we have to offer on campus.  For student employment opportunities students should visit the Student Employment Office website.    

How can a student find an internship?

An internship is experiential learning that combines classroom learning with work in a professional setting. Internships can be paid, unpaid, for credit or not-for-credit, and can take place in Burlington, out-of-state, or in other countries.  For a student to find out more information on internships, you can send them to the Career Center website.

How can I help a student find a tutor for my class?

The Tutoring Center asks faculty members to recommend former students to serve as peer tutors for their classes.  The Tutoring Center can provide peer tutors for small group study sessions and one-to-one tutoring.  To find out more about the process, you can go to the Tutoring Center website.

What if I think a student has a disability?

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides accommodations to students with documented disabilities.  If a student has a disability or you think the student might have a disability, please call SAS at 802-656-7753 or email for an appointment. 

What is AlcoholEdu?

AlcoholEdu is an interactive, online program designed to inform students about how alcohol affects the body, mind, perceptions, and behaviors. The research-based course provides students with accurate information in a non-judgmental tone and provides personalized feedback that encourages students to consider their own drinking decisions and those of their peers.  AlcoholEdu content is relevant to each student based on their answers as abstainers, high risk, or moderate drinkers.

Who is required to take AlcoholEdu?

All incoming freshmen must complete AlcoholEdu. Success of the program is based upon population-level prevention, a concept that recognizes that students’ choices likely impact those of their peers. Providing new students with a consistent message about alcohol can encourage thoughtful conversations, inspire a shift in alcohol-related behaviors, and highlight a campus culture that values healthy choices