Start HereWhether you’re new to Blackboard or familiar with some aspects of it but want to learn more, these pages will be helpful to you.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is UVM’s learning management system (LMS), and it provides an online space for every class where you can:
- Post your syllabus, course materials, links to readings or other resources, or announcements
- Use the built-in suite of tools for student work, like assignments, private writing journals, class blogs, discussions, group projects, tests, and surveys
- Assess student work completed in and/or submitted to Blackboard, with the option to provide feedback
- Use the Bb Grade Center display grades and feedback to students in one location in the course
- Link to and integrate with other systems, like publishers’ textbooks and materials, or the iClicker classroom response system
Next page: Get a Blackboard Course