If you are looking to add an aesthetic touch to your course, or otherwise spruce up the landing page that students see when they enter the course, consider adding a banner image.
Course banners must be web-friendly image files ending in one of these extensions: .jpg, .gif, or .png. The optimal size for a banner image is approximately:
width between 750-1000 pixels
height between 200-300 pixels
We give instructions for how to edit a larger image in the video, below.
1. How to DOWNLOAD a banner image from this page
Scroll down to see the banners we offer. (They are all free to use, in the public domain.) To save a banner, RIGHT CLICK on the image and choose “save image.”
2. Add text or create banner with your own photograph
The (soundless) video on the right guides you through the steps to making a banner by uploading your own photo to the free website befunky.com and then uploading the banner to your Blackboard course.
3. UPLOAD to Blackboard
- In the Control Panel, click on “Customization,” then click “Teaching Style”
- Scroll to “Select Banner”
- Click “Browse My Computer,” choose the banner image, and then click “Submit”