Blackboard is the online course management system used at UVM. It provides tools for instructors to share learning resources, communicate with students, have students work independently or collaboratively, and assess student learning. Every course in the Banner registration system has an associated Blackboard course space that is automatically populated with registered students.
Learn How to Use Blackboard
- Teaching with Blackboard at UVM
- UVM Knowledge Base Blackboard help articles for faculty. (Previously were “how-tos” on the CTL website)
- Blackboard's help site for instructors
- Make sure you are using a supported browser by running browser checker
- Get help at the CTL's Open Hours: We provide phone, email, and in-person support.
- UVM’s Known Issues with Blackboard Blog
- How to use the Blackboard Community Website
Blackboard is developed in accordance with the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA and Section 508 standards in the United States. Read more on Blackboard's website. To make content accessible, see Blackboard Ally
How to Get Help
- Log in to Blackboard and click on the Instructor Help tab
- Blackboard's online help: help.blackboard.com/ (Note: there may be some references to features not found on UVM's version of Blackboard)
- Call the UVM TechTeam: (802)-656-2604 (phone link)
- Look for workshops on the CTL events calendar
- Contact or visit CTL's Open Hours