Blackboard is the online learning management system used at UVM. It provides tools for instructors to share learning resources, communicate with students, have students work independently or collaboratively, and assess student learning. Every course in the Banner registration system has an associated Blackboard course space that is automatically populated with registered students.
Learn How to Use Blackboard
- Step-by-step Guide: Get Started to Teach with Blackboard
- UVM Knowledge Base Blackboard help articles for faculty.
- Blackboard's help site for instructors
- Look for workshops on the CTL events calendar
Ways to Get Help
- Call the UVM TechTeam: (802)-656-2604 (phone link)
- Log in to Blackboard and click on the Instructor Help tab
- Get help at the CTL's Help Hours: We provide phone, email, and one-on-one support.
- Blackboard's online help: help.blackboard.com/ (Note: there may be some references to features not found on UVM's version of Blackboard)
- Make sure you are using a supported browser by running browser checker
- UVM’s Known Issues with Blackboard Blog
- How to use the Blackboard Community Website
Read about: Bb Ally for Accessibility. Blackboard is developed in accordance with the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA and Section 508 standards in the United States. Read more on Blackboard's website. To make content accessible, see Blackboard Ally