CTL Mission Statement and Advisory Board
- Promoting evidence-based practices in course design, teaching, and use of instructional technology that improves student learning and success.
- Fostering a culture and community of inclusive, engaged, and creative teachers.
- Identifying, advocating for, and evaluating instructional technologies and pedagogical approaches that address key institutional needs.
- Cultivating resources that support faculty in designing, funding, implementing, and disseminating scholarship of teaching and learning.
The purpose of the University Vermont Center for Teaching and Learning Faculty Advisory Board is to enhance the mission of exploring, promoting, and supporting excellence in teaching, with diverse technologies, at UVM. Board members provide input regarding CTL programming and services, contribute to ongoing CTL strategic planning, initiatives, and priorities, and serve as a liaison between CTL and faculty, including dissemination of CTL professional development opportunities and providing CTL with feedback about its programming and services.
- Alexandria Alveshere (Graduate Student Representative)
- Courtney Giles, Lecturer, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Co-chair Teaching Activity Hub, CEMS
- Clare Ginger, Associate Professor, Director of Natural Resources Program, RSENR
- Joanne Pencak, Lecturer, GSB
- Nicole Phelps, Associate Professor, History, CAS
- Lizzy Pope, Associate Professor, Nutrition and Food Science, CALS
- Karen Westervelt, Clinical Assistant Professor Rehabilitation and Movement Sciences; Program Director, Integrative Health Education, CNHS