- This event has passed.
Writing-Intensive Courses in Online Environments
December 9, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pmFree
This workshop introduces instructors to principles for designing writing-intensive courses in both synchronous and asynchronous online environments. We will open with a brief presentation that previews the
- foundations of effective writing pedagogy in context
- benefits that online environments offer writing instruction
- importance of instructor presence in online spaces
- role of peer support in learning to write
- importance of course goals in structuring course spaces and activities
Participants will spend the remainder of the workshop applying these principles to their own course plans, selecting areas of focus that make sense for them. This workshop is intended to help instructors approach their spring course design process with greater focus and confidence.
Facilitated by Susanmarie Harrington, Director of Writing in the Disciplines
Please reserve this time on your personal calendar. A Microsoft Teams calendar invitation will be sent to you 1-2 business days prior to the workshop. When you “accept” the invitation, a link to the event will populate on your Outlook & Teams calendars.