- This event has passed.
Blackboard Ally for Accessible Courses
April 24 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
A small, colorful, meter will soon appear next to your files in Blackboard… will yours be red or green? To help ensure that the content we put into our Blackboard course spaces is accessible to all students, UVM is implementing a new tool, Blackboard Ally. This new feature checks files against federal guidelines and, if necessary, helps you improve them. It also provides alternative formats of those files to your students (e.g. HTML, audio, tagged PDF, eBraille, and more) so that all your students can benefit.
Join us for a session where you will learn:
- what accessible files are and how they make courses more inclusive
- how Ally can help you identify accessibility issues
- which issues can be fixed quickly to boost your accessibility score
- how to use features in Word, PowerPoint, or even your photocopier to make your documents accessible from the get-go
- what alternative formats might mean for your students
The workshop will be facilitated by Hope Greenberg (email@example.com).