Call for Applications: Faculty Associates Program
The Center for Teaching and Learning(CTL) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Faculty Associate Program. This program is designed to enhance academic excellence in teaching by:
- Increasing faculty-to-faculty support networks for teaching and learning
- Expanding the availability of individual teaching consultations tailored to specific needs
- Increasing the institutional capacity for developing faculty leadership and skills in the peer consultation process
CTL seeks two UVM full-time faculty at the rank of Associate Professor, Full Professor or Senior Lecturer to become Faculty Associates. We are specifically looking for faculty who teach:
- In the STEM disciplines and have experience teaching large enrollment classes
- In the Humanities/Social Sciences and have experience teaching large enrollment classes
- A course that meet the University D1 requirement
Faculty Associate Responsibilities
Faculty Associates are expected to commit to working with CTL for both semesters of AY 19-20. Associates are expected to devote 15-20 hours per semester to CTL-related activities. Each associate will establish a plan with the CTL director, which will likely include a combination of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting individual faculty consultations
- Facilitating workshops, informal events, or book groups
- Developing materials or resources for the CTL web site
Associates will also be expected to attend several planning meetings throughout the year.
Faculty Associate Compensation
$2500 in professional development funds, with the expectation for a total of 30 – 40 hours over the course of the year as described above.
Any Senior Lecturer, Associate or Full professor is invited to apply. To apply, please submit this application by May 6, 2019.
Faculty Associates will be chosen by May 10, 2019.