- Introduction to Program-Level Curriculum Mapping for Chairs and Assessment Coordinators
- Excellence in Teaching: A Discussion with the Kroepsch-Maurice Award Recipients
- 7 Features Every Blackboard User Should Know About
- Teaching in Higher Education
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Course Goals and Backwards Design: Principles for Creating Engaging Courses
Monday, January 06 2014
@ 12:00 PM- 3:00 PMSynergy between course goals, assignments and other learning activities is crucial for helping students gain the most from your class. This workshop will provide principles for identifying, writing and utilizing learning goals as the starting point for your course design. Participants will (re)design goals for a current or future course, and then spend time looking at strategies to align assignments and in-class activities with those goals. This workshop includes lunch for participants. Lunch will be served at this event.
- Contact: Kristen Cameron, Kristen.Cameron@uvm.edu, 802-656-1958
- Facilitated By:
Jennifer Dickinson, Ctr for Teaching & Learning; Anthropology
Susanmarie Harrington, Writing in the Disciplines; English
- Location: Fulwiler Room, 302 Bailey/Howe Library