- CTL Spring 2014 Book Group
- Writing Your Teaching Philosophy
- Soundbite: UVM's 4-Year Plan for Career Success: Advising and Teaching Tips
- Writing with Sources: Promoting Ethics, Avoiding Plagiarism
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Wednesday, November 06 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
In the first part of this workshop, we'll demonstrate ways that Google's mapping tools have been used for teaching and scholarship within a variety of disciplines. Then, we'll explore the basics of creating maps and tours, embedding photos and video, uploading GPS data and GIS layers, and methods for group collaboration. We'll also look at some of the exciting features in Google Earth, such as street views around the world, historical imagery, ocean exploration, and Google Sky, Mars and Moon.
This workshop will be taught by Walter Poleman and Inés Berrizbeitia.
Computers will be provided, but if you wish to use your own, please pre-install Google Earth before the workshop. (Download Google Earth here).
- Contact: Ines Berrizbeitia, Ines.Berrizbeitia@uvm.edu, 802/656-0310
- Location: Bailey-Howe Library Room 303