- Balancing Peer and Instructor Feedback
- Book Group: “Contemplative Practices in Higher Education: Powerful Methods to Transform Teaching and Learning”
- Peer Review Systems: Introduction to the Eli Review System
- Teaching Roundtable Discussion for Graduate Teaching Assistants
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Multilingual Writers, Multiliterate Lives
Wednesday, April 10 2013
@ 9:00 AM- 10:00 AMThis session brings together professors from various disciplines who work in multiple languages. Panelists will share stories of the ways they use multiple languages at home and in their professional lives, emphasizing what experiences encouraged their language development, what roadblocks they have faced in becoming multilingual, and what their multilingual abilities add to their scholarly and professional lives. The ensuing discussion will help us all understand how advanced literacy in multiple languages is achieved. Participants will develop a more rich understanding of what multiliterate and multilingual experiences mean both in and out of the classroom. By listening to panelists who have achieved high levels of success in multiple languages, we can explore what it takes to achieve academic literacy.
This event is being offered in connection with Blackboard Jungle.
- Contact: Kristen Cameron, Kristen.Cameron@uvm.edu, 802-656-1958
- Facilitated By:
Susanmarie Harrington, Writing in the Disciplines; English
- Location: 302 Bailey/Howe Library