- Visualizing, Presenting, and Analyzing Tabular Data
- Teaching in Higher Education
- The Global Gateway: Understanding International Students' Experience
- Creating Conditions for Dialogue across Difference - A Blackboard Jungle Workshop
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Designing Assignments that Work For All
Tuesday, April 03 2012
@ 11:30 AM- 1:00 PMThis workshop addresses principles of universal design for learning, by looking at ways assignments can be created for the diverse student population. Join with colleagues to explore the ways writing assignments can be constructed to enhance the learning of all students. Looking at some basic principles of curriculum and assignment design, we will identify ways that writing assignments can be supported with a range of flexible activities. Participants will have the chance to explore how writing assignments help students learn material as well as how writing assignments ask students to represent what they have already learned.
This event is a part of the 5th Annual BlackBoard Jungle Symposium and UVM Professional Development Series (http://www.uvm.edu/president/diversity/blackboardjungle/)
- Contact: Holly Buckland; Buckland Parker; Parker, Holly.Parker@uvm.edu, +1 802-656-1124
- Facilitated By:
Holly Buckland; Buckland Parker; Parker, Ctr for Teaching & Learning
Susanmarie Harrington, English
- Location: WID, 302 Bailey/Howe Library