- Basic Video Techniques for Digital Scholarship
- Mixed Media Bootcamp
- Variety of Students? Variety of Teaching Strategies! Addressing the Variability of Learners Through UDL
- One-Day Intensive Training in Object-Based Learning at the Fleming Museum
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
CANCELLED: Distressed and Disruptive Students: Strategies for a Successful Classroom Climate
Thursday, March 15 2012
@ 2:30 PM- 4:00 PMThis session will provide faculty with information on how to address common issues facing our students today as it relates to classroom behavior and mental health. With a contextual overview of mental health at UVM and interactive scenarios, a panel of presenters will offer strategies to employ both in the classroom and during one on one interactions to best address students' needs and concerns. Panelists will include Dr. Annie Stevens, Associate VP for Student and Campus Life; Nick Negrete, Assistant Dean of Students; Patty Corcoran, Assistant Dean for Arts and Sciences; Lucy Singer, Legal Counsel; and Todd Weinman, Director of Counseling and Psychiatry Services.
- Contact: Wendy Berenback, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 802-656-7992
- Facilitated By:
Holly Buckland; Buckland Parker; Parker, Ctr for Teaching & Learning
- Location: Bailey-Howe Library Room 303