- Blackboard Tools for Student Work
- What's the Hype About Hybrid?
- Balancing Peer and Instructor Feedback
- Book Group: “Contemplative Practices in Higher Education: Powerful Methods to Transform Teaching and Learning”
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Google Earth Workshop
This hands-on workshop is designed for faculty members interested in learning how to use Google Earth as a teaching tool. We'll explore the basics of creating maps within this easy to use software program, learn how to embed photos and videos, and spatially reference a variety of information from a range of disciplines. Participants will also gain experience uploading GPS data and importing GIS layers. No experience necessary. Just a willingness to look at your discipline and course content from a fresh angle!
This workshop will be taught by Walter Poleman and Ines Berrizbeitia.
Computers will be provided, but if you wish to use your own, please pre-install Google Earth before the workshop. (Download Google Earth here).
- Contact: Ines Berrizbeitia, Ines.Berrizbeitia@uvm.edu, 802-656-0310
- Facilitated By:
Ines Berrizbeitia, Ctr for Teaching & Learning
Walter Poleman, Residential Learning Cmty; Rubenstein Sch Env & Nat Res
- Location: Bailey-Howe Library Room 303