- Writing Your Teaching Philosophy
- Soundbite: UVM's 4-Year Plan for Career Success: Advising and Teaching Tips
- Writing with Sources: Promoting Ethics, Avoiding Plagiarism
- Screencasts and Teaching
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Thursday, February 23 2012 @ 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Discussion 1: What is Critical Thinking? (Chapters 1-2)
In October, 2011, Dr. Stephen Brookfield gave a well-received Burack Distinguished Lecture and workshop on teaching and critical thinking critical thinking. In order to continue that conversation, we are pleased to announce a book group series on Brookfield’s recently released book Teaching for Critical Thinking: Tools and Techniques to Help Students Question their Assumptions. Participants will be provided with a copy of the text, and will be expected to attend three discussion group meetings (breakfast provided).
Register by February 9th, Limit: 15
Co-Sponsored by the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Writing in the Disciplines Program, and the Office of Community-University Partnerships and Service-Learning.
- Contact: Jennifer Dickinson, Jennifer.Dickinson@uvm.edu, 802/656-0837
- Facilitated By:
Jennifer Dickinson, Ctr for Teaching & Learning; Anthropology
- Location: CTL Commons, 303 Bailey/Howe Library