- CTL Spring 2014 Book Group
- Writing Your Teaching Philosophy
- Soundbite: UVM's 4-Year Plan for Career Success: Advising and Teaching Tips
- Writing with Sources: Promoting Ethics, Avoiding Plagiarism
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Tuesday, March 11 @ 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
This semester we will read and discuss "How Learning Works: Seven Researched-Based Principles for Smart Teaching," by Ambrose et al. (2010). This book presents recent research on learning and gives concrete examples of how faculty can apply this research in their teaching and course design. Using a case study approach, the authors identify associated learning issues and suggestions for improving learning and student success by applying the "Seven Principles for Smart Teaching." This book group will meet 3 times during the semester. Participants receive a free copy of the book.
Register one time for all three sessions: March 11, 9 - 10 AM April 1, 9 - 10 AM April 15. 9 - 10 AM
- Contact: Holly Buckland; Buckland Parker; Parker, Holly.Parker@uvm.edu, 802/656-1124
- Location: Bailey-Howe Library Room 303