Participants or guests with disabilities and those who are Visually Impaired, Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Deaf-Blind may make arrangements for accommodations for parking, amplification, captioning, interpreters, and large print, by completing the online Accessibility Request Form. If you have questions or need assistance completing this form, please contact the office of University Event Services at (802) 656-5665 (voice) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ASL Interpreters and Live Captioning
ASL interpreters and live captioning (CART: Communication Access Realtime Translation) will be provided at each ceremony on Saturday, May 19 and Sunday, May 20. Should you or your family have additional ASL interpreting or captioning requests, please complete the online Accessibility Request Form. If you need assistance completing this form or have any questions, please contact the office of University Event Services at (802) 656-5665 (voice) or by email at email@example.com for assistance.
Please consider your mobility needs for the day. Ceremonies and receptions are generally a short walk or shuttle bus ride apart. UVM will have a limited number of wheelchairs available to transport individuals at each ceremony venue between the venue’s main entrance and their seat (please note, guests will not be able to remain in the transport wheelchair as UVM is unable to provide a wheelchair for all-day use). At the end of the ceremony, please locate an usher (wearing a yellow vest) to return with a wheelchair for assistance. If a wheelchair is needed for the full day, we recommend checking with local area vendors (PDF) for availability. For other accommodations and requests, please refer to our Accessibility Request Form.
In order to provide you with the best possible service, please make your arrangements as far in advance of Commencement as possible.
For ceremonies requiring tickets, please note that event tickets are not available through accessibility requests. Tickets may only be reserved by the degree candidate; please connect with your degree candidate to receive tickets. Ceremonies requiring tickets are:
- University Commencement Main Ceremony (indoor severe weather venue only). Guests without tickets may view the ceremony on large screen display on multiple floors in the Davis Center on the main campus.
- College of Arts and Sciences Ceremony (indoor severe weather venue only). Guests without tickets may view the ceremony on large screen display on multiple floors in the Davis Center on the main campus.
- Grossman School of Business.
- College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences.
- Rubenstein School o f Environment and Natural Resources Guests without tickets may view the ceremony on large screen display in the Emerald Ballroom at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel.
- Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine Commencement Ceremony Guests without tickets may view the ceremony on large screen display in the Billings-Ira Allen Lecture Hall.
- Degree candidates and faculty do not need a ticket to participate in any ticketed ceremony.
The following ceremonies are not ticketed:
- Graduate College Commencement Ceremony
- Honors College Scholars Recognition Ceremony
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Education and Social Services
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences
In addition, all ceremonies will be webcast live.